The Partnership for Carbon Transparency (PACT) is an organization that aims to reduce carbon emissions in the value chain through data transparency. PACT is hosted by the World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), and has launched a framework to help increase transparency and enable consistent calculation and exchange of product-level emissions across all value chains and industries.
The World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD) is a community of over 200 leading companies focused on sustainability and carbon emissions reduction.
Why are we partnering with PACT?
- Standardization of PCF calculation and data exchange framework;
- Establishing an application hierarchy for existing standards: ISO, GHG protocol, PCR, PEFCR, etc.;
- Establishing quality safeguards for PCRs and secondary data sources;
- Offering more specific PCF accounting guidance on exemption rules, system boundaries, allocation and biogenic emissions, among others;
- Guidance on how to incorporate PCFs into Scope 3 inventories.
EcoVadis is partnering with PACT and leveraging their framework to facilitate the secure exchange of high-quality primary PCF data among trading partners through EcoVadis Product Carbon Footprint Data Exchange feature.
To learn more about PACT methodology, read PACT Guidance for the accounting and exchange of product life cycle emissions or watch the video below.
PACT intro video