The EcoVadis overall score (0-100) reflects the quality of the company’s sustainability management system at the time of the assessment.
The EcoVadis sustainability recognition levels are based on the percentile rank of your company’s EcoVadis score and a minimum theme score*. The medals’ criteria are reviewed periodically.
The criteria for scorecards published from 1 January 2023 are as follows:
Platinum - top 1% (overall score between 78 and 100)
Gold - top 5% (overall score between 70 and 77)
Silver - top 25% (overall score between 59 and 69)
Bronze - top 50% (overall score between 50 and 58)
The criteria for scorecards published from 1 January 2022 are as follows:
Platinum - top 1% (overall score between 75 and 100)
Gold - top 5% (overall score between 67 and 74)
Silver - top 25% (overall score between 56 and 66)
Bronze - top 50% (overall score between 47 and 55)
*No medal is assigned for overall scores below 50 or if there is a theme score below 30 in any of the Environment, Labour & Human Rights, and/or Ethics themes or below 25 in the Sustainable Procurement theme.
*Percentile rank is calculated across all companies in all industries, not per industry.
For a medal to be awarded upon scorecard publication, in addition to the above conditions, the following requirements must be met:
- The rated company cannot operate in the following industries: Manufacture of tobacco products (ISIC code 1200), Mining of coal and lignite (ISIC division 05), Manufacture of weapons and ammunition (ISIC code 2520), Manufacture of air and spacecraft and related machinery (ISIC code 3030);
The scorecard includes no more than the following negative 360° Watch Findings across the themes:
- Any severe (SEV) finding
- More than 1 major (MAJ) finding in 2 or more themes
- More than 5 major (MAJ) findings in any single theme is considered a severe finding.
- More than 25 minor (MIN) findings in any single theme is considered a severe finding.
- 2 or more themes with at least 5 minor (MIN) findings in each is considered a major finding.
360° Watch Findings reviews the past 3 years for the Environment, Labour & Human Rights and Sustainable Procurement themes and the past five years in the Ethics theme.
The EcoVadis score and medal program shall not be considered a substitute for specific certification schemes. For eligible customers, the EcoVadis score and medal can only be promoted publicly with a Premium, Select, or Corporate subscription.
For more details, please take a look at the medal usage policy: How can I use my EcoVadis medal and certificate?
In some cases, if the number of minor 360° Watch Findings collected is significant, their cumulative impact is also taken into consideration and may affect the medal allocation. For example, 25 minor negative 360° Watch Findings for one or more themes may decrease the score by 15.75 points.