You can provide us with any formalized documents that reflect your company’s sustainability management system and support your answers to the questionnaire.
Here are some examples of documents that can be provided (for illustration only): sustainability management procedures, Sustainability Reports, Social Audit reports, HSE Policies, Code of Ethics/Conduct, Employee Handbooks, Certificates (ISO14001, OHSAS18001, among others), UNGC Communication on Progress, Annual Reports with Integrated sustainability section.
If your company is small, click here to see other examples of supporting documents we accept.
All documents should be:
- Relevant and complete, as well as related to the corresponding scope of assessment;
- In one of these formats: .docx, .doc, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .odt, .ott, .sxw, .stw, .ods, .odp, .bmp, .txt, .HTML. Note: for “Upload a new document”, the file type "Adobe Acrobat Document" can cause uploading issues. In this case, please save the document as PDF to upload it;
Note: for “Upload a new link”, please provide only links to the webpage, not documents. The webpage will be captured and uploaded to your Document Library as a PDF. Only the specific webpage available under the link will be captured, not the entire website. Please make sure the link is valid and starts with http:// or https://.;
- Smaller than 30 MB;
- Reviewed regularly. There is a validity period of 8 years applied to both policies and actions and 2 years to KPI reporting;
- In-text format -- If your documents are not in English, French, Spanish, German, Chinese or Japanese, please send them coded as text and not as an image.
EcoVadis will not credit:
- Documents (commitments, actions and/ or reporting) created solely for satisfying the EcoVadis questionnaire will not be accepted;
- Objectives, actions or reporting copied from another organization or online sources without reasonable evidence and assurance of implementation;
- Informal documentation (e.g. without the company’s name or logo, without the issue or review date, photos etc.).
- Evidence presented in the form of embedded documents/weblinks (i.e. evidence should be shown in the document directly), analysts will not manually download any additional documentation from such links;
- Evidence not related to the 21 EcoVadis sustainability criteria.
For more information and some examples of documents that can be provided, please download our document guide.