You can provide us with any formalized documents that reflect your company’s sustainability management system and support your answers to the questionnaire.
Here are some examples of documents that can be provided (for illustration only): sustainability management procedures, Sustainability Reports, Social Audit reports, HSE Policies, Code of Ethics/Conduct, Employee Handbooks, Certificates (ISO14001, OHSAS18001, among others), UNGC Communication on Progress, Annual Reports with Integrated sustainability section.
If your company is small, click here to see other examples of supporting documents we accept.
All documents should be:
- Relevant and complete, as well as related to the corresponding scope of assessment;
- In one of these formats: .docx, .doc, .xls, .xlsx, .pdf, .odt, .ott, .sxw, .stw, .ods, .odp, .bmp, .txt, .html. Note that the file type "Adobe Acrobat Document" can cause uploading issues. In this case, please save the document as PDF to upload it;
- Smaller than 30 MB;
- Reviewed on a regular basis. There is a validity period of 8 years applied to both policies and actions, and 2 years to KPI reporting;
- In text format -- If your documents are not in English, French, Spanish, German, Chinese or Japanese, please send them coded as text and not as an image.
EcoVadis will not credit:
- Documents (commitments, actions and/ or reporting) created solely for satisfying EcoVadis questionnaire will not be accepted;
- Objectives, actions or reporting copied from another organization or online sources without reasonable evidence and assurance of implementation;
- Informal documentation (e.g. without the company’s name or logo, without the issue or review date, photos etc.).
For more information and some examples of documents that can be provided, please download our Document Guide, also available in French, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian and Portuguese.