EcoVadis assessment questionnaires are adapted to each company depending on their industry, location and size, including extra small companies with up to 25 employees. On average, extra small companies are asked 10 questions. Some management indicators such as endorsements (eg. UNGC) and coverage are not applicable. This ensures that only issues relevant for the company are taken into account.
Supporting documents are essential for the analysis of your company's sustainability performance. We understand that smaller companies may not have a sustainability management system that is as developed as that of larger companies and so may not have as many formalized documents. For this reason, we allow more flexibility and welcome non-formalized supporting documents for extra small companies. However, please remember that the documents should be recent, relevant, complete and relate to the corresponding scope of the assessment.
Examples of acceptable documents include:
- Proof of employee trainings;
- Internal emails regarding employee awareness trainings;
- Invoices for purchasing eco-labeled products for implemented actions;
- Business ethics policy;
- Internal environmental dashboards;
- Excel sheet with human resources data, e.g., KPIs related to employee trainings;
- Internal management presentation;
- Risk assessment documents.
Examples of not acceptable documents include:
- Utility invoices from third parties for reporting purposes;
- Improvised self-declaration statements;
- Description of actions simply declared as implemented without solid evidence;
- Brochures on philanthropy;
- Documents from your clients, suppliers or business partners;
- Licenses to operate in a business according to legal prescriptions;
- Other legal compliance documents issued by a local authority.
Read more about the format and validity period of the supporting documents.