Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, and Healthcare leaders are realizing the urgent need and opportunity to improve the social, ethical, and environmental impact within their supply chains. In response, GlaxoSmithKline, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. and Takeda have co-founded the Responsible Health Initiative - powered by EcoVadis. Today those co-founders are joined by Boehringer Ingelheim (and other pioneering companies still to come) to collaborate in this joint effort to accelerate progress in the sector.
The vision of the Responsible Healthcare Initiative is to create synergies between companies active in the healthcare and pharmaceutical sector to raise standards and improve sustainability and CSR performance across the industry sector through:
- Harmonized standards for CSR assessment
- A common platform for sharing and monitoring performance
- Shared tools to boost engagement and improvement plans
- Increased visibility, ease of reporting and benchmarks
The initiative will be powered by EcoVadis’ scalable platform and trusted methodology, which offers deeper transparency and insight into suppliers’ ethics and business practices.
For the third parties and business partners of the RHI members, RHI will:
- Increase your company’s visibility to create trading relationships;
- Enhance the efficiency of sharing of your sustainability performance with all the member companies;
- Reduce barriers and administrative burden for your company and encourage transparency across the industry value chain.
Your acceptance to participate in a CSR assessment as requested by one of these members is an express acceptance to share your CSR performance rating with all current and future RHI members on the EcoVadis network.