Please note that the deletion of documents from previous assessments will not provide the company with additional document space when completing a new questionnaire. The document limit of 55 for each assessment does not include documents from previous assessments.
The documents that have been analyzed within each of the sustainability assessments constitute an audit trace for EcoVadis as a sustainability rating agency. While it is possible to delete them, the following repercussions need to be taken into consideration.
- Documents deleted from the EcoVadis system will be done so permanently; the option to recover them does not exist.
- Should the documents deleted be valid and relevant to future assessments, they will need to be re-uploaded to the EcoVadis platform
- As long as one or several supporting documents have been removed from the system, our Sustainability Analysts will no longer be able to provide any clarification regarding the scorecard. This is so as when the documents are removed, our Analysts cannot check whether any information you have queried about was present in the assessment. Please note that this does not mean the scorecard will be less accurate, but as it was created based on a set of documentation and the information extracted from it the removal of that documentation will mean that we will not be able to perform additional verification on its content.
- As the Analysts will be unable to answer any queries and to inform other users on the account and your trading partners, a disclaimer will be added to the top of your scorecard, displaying the following message:
- “Some (or all) documents were deleted upon the request of **your company name**. For this reason, EcoVadis is unable to give comments on this score. If you have questions regarding this score, please address them directly to **your company name**”.
Once confirmation to proceed with the deletion of the documents is made, they will be permanently removed within thirty (30) calendar days.