EcoVadis Medal and Certificate Usage Policy
EcoVadis medals and certificates recognize companies that have completed the EcoVadis assessment process and demonstrated a relatively strong management system that addresses sustainability criteria, as outlined in the EcoVadis methodology. Companies must also meet specific licensing and eligibility criteria to promote themselves externally with the EcoVadis medal or certificate.
EcoVadis customers with an active Premium, Select, or Corporate subscription can promote their medal or certificate externally.
If you are a Basic Subscription holder and want to promote your medal or certificate externally, you may upgrade your subscription now.
An EcoVadis medal or certificate is NOT an endorsement of a company, its products or services, and it does not indicate that the company’s products are specifically sustainable or more sustainable than another company’s products.
The EcoVadis medal logo should not be placed on any product or used by an entity (e.g., subsidiary) that has not been assessed. No business or other commercial entity shall use an EcoVadis medal and related materials, or any likeness thereof, without the express consent of EcoVadis as communicated on the EcoVadis platform.
Only an unmodified, unaltered EcoVadis medal or certificate may be used. A valid EcoVadis medal or certificate will contain the EcoVadis scorecard year in which the medal was earned.
Please note that companies with significant negative external news and companies in specific industries are not eligible for medals. Full details of the score requirements and eligibility criteria for an EcoVadis Medal can be found here. We review our eligibility criteria annually to reflect global regulation requirements, global sustainability frameworks and best practices.
YOU MAY USE AN UNALTERED ECOVADIS MEDAL IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- Use the EcoVadis medal or certificate for advertising your company (e.g., in a brochure, in a print ad, on your website, in social media, etc.) in compliance with all applicable laws and any other applicable laws, regulations, regulatory policies, guidelines or codes in each case from time to time in force, including all such guidelines and codes issued by statutory, regulatory and industry bodies.
- Use the EcoVadis medal or certificate on all social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok and others.
- Use the EcoVadis medal in your email signature template.
- Use the EcoVadis medal and certificate on your external-facing presentation to customers, prospects, investors and other stakeholders.
- It is recommended that you hyperlink your medal image to EcoVadis.com.
THE FOLLOWING USE OF MEDALS OR CERTIFICATES IS NOT PERMITTED:
- Do not use a medal awarded to a Headquarters entity to promote a subsidiary entity.
- Do not use an EcoVadis medal or certificate in any form of packaging or promotion of a product or service.
- Do not create your own "version" of any EcoVadis medals.
For example, the EcoVadis medal should not be modified to resemble a product or service, such as using images of a globe, the moon, tires, etc.
- Do not put the EcoVadis medal or certificate on clothing or other merchandise.
- Do not use the medal or certificate in the context of misleading advertising, including advertising with inadequate substantiation and/or qualification, whereby the public is misled about the environmental and/or social impact of your activities.
- Do not use the EcoVadis medal or certificate in any way that violates the EcoVadis Terms and Conditions.
If you still have questions after reviewing these guidelines, please contact EcoVadis Support.