EcoVadis Medal, Badge, and Certificate Usage Policy
EcoVadis medals, badges, and certificates recognize companies that have completed the EcoVadis assessment process and demonstrated a relatively strong management system that addresses sustainability criteria, as outlined in the EcoVadis methodology. Companies must also meet specific licensing and eligibility criteria to promote themselves externally with the EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate.
EcoVadis customers with an active Premium, Select, or Corporate subscription can promote* their medal, badge, or certificate externally.
If you are a Basic Subscription holder and want to promote your medal, badge, or certificate publicly, you may upgrade your subscription now.
An EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate is NOT a certification or an endorsement of a company, its products or services; it does not indicate that the company’s products or services are specifically sustainable or more sustainable than another company’s products or services.
The EcoVadis medal or badge logo should not be placed on any product or used by an entity (e.g., subsidiary or affiliate) that has not been assessed by EcoVadis. No business or other commercial entity shall use an EcoVadis medal or badge and related materials, or any likeness thereof, without the express written consent of EcoVadis, which has been communicated on the EcoVadis platform.
Only an unmodified, unaltered EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate may be used; you can download the permitted reproduction from the EcoVadis platform. A valid EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate will contain the EcoVadis scorecard year in which the medal was earned.
Please note: Companies with significant negative external news and companies in specific industries are not eligible for medals. Full details of the score requirements and eligibility criteria for an EcoVadis Medal or Badge can be found here. We review our eligibility criteria annually to reflect global regulation requirements, global sustainability frameworks and best practices.
YOU MAY USE AN UNALTERED ECOVADIS MEDAL OR BADGE IN THE FOLLOWING WAYS:
- Use the EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate for advertising your company (e.g., on a brochure, in a print ad, on your website, in social media, etc.) in compliance with all applicable laws and any other applicable laws, regulations, regulatory policies, guidelines, or codes in each case from time to time in force in each region you may use it, including but not limited to all such guidelines and codes issued by statutory, regulatory and industry bodies applicable to your company.
- Use the EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate on all social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, X (formerly Twitter), Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Snapchat, TikTok, and others.
- Use the EcoVadis medal or badge in your email signature template.
- Use the EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate on your external-facing presentation to customers, prospects, investors and other stakeholders.
- You may use previous year awarded medals as long as they are unmodified, unaltered and have not been revoked.
THE FOLLOWING USE OF MEDALS, BADGES, OR CERTIFICATES IS NOT PERMITTED:
- Do not use a medal or badge awarded to a Headquarters entity to promote a subsidiary or affiliate entity.
- Do not use an EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate in any form of packaging or promotion of your product or service.
- Do not create your own “version” of EcoVadis medals or badges.
- For example, the EcoVadis medal or badge should not be modified to resemble a product or service, such as using images of a globe, the moon, tires, etc.
- Do not put the EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate on clothing or other merchandise.
- Do not use the medal, badge, or certificate in the context of misleading advertising, including but not limited to advertising with inadequate substantiation and/or qualification, whereby the public is misled about the environmental and/or social impact of your activities, in other words, greenwashing practices, etc.
- Do not use the EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate in any way that violates the EcoVadis Terms and Conditions.
- Do not use the EcoVadis medal, badge, or certificate to disparage EcoVadis’ reputation.
If you still have questions after reviewing these guidelines, please contact us.
*Promote indicates that a medal or badge has been earned and can be disclosed by publishing the image or mentioning it in text.