What is happening?
Part of EcoVadis’ mission is to promote sustainable and just societies, in accordance with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) SDG 16, Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions.
In light of the ongoing invasion of Ukraine and guided by our corporate values, EcoVadis has decided to suspend commercial operations in Russia (as of March 2022).
As a result, we will no longer be providing new sustainability assessments for Russian companies and thus are suspending any in-progress assessments. In addition, we will not be renewing any current customer subscriptions.
If a Russian company has an active scorecard and subscription with EcoVadis, they may still login and see their current results. Requesting customers will also be able to see any active scorecards.
We may revisit these decisions in the future.
It is our sincere hope that this conflict ends quickly and that peace and justice is restored.
1. Question: I am a requesting company, planning to invite Russian suppliers in the coming days/weeks; what is the impact?
- Answer: We advise not to include any Russian companies on invitations right now. However, if they are invited, EcoVadis will not process their registration and will advise that the assessment is not currently available to them.
2. Question: I am a requesting company and have Russian suppliers who are currently in the process of answering the questionnaire (from weeks ago), what will happen?
- Answer: EcoVadis will contact these organizations and advise that their assessment is on hold indefinitely.
3. Question: What will happen to Russian companies that have already submitted their questionnaire or who have a valid assessment credit?
- Answer: If the company has already paid the subscription for this assessment, EcoVadis will fulfill the contract, complete the assessment and publish a scorecard for the company.
4. Question: Will Russian companies remain on the EcoVadis platform? Will there be any impact on their scores?
- Answer: Yes, any Russian company with an active scorecard will remain visible on the platform. They can log in and see their scorecard. Related requesting companies that have access to those scorecards can also still see that information. When a Russian rated company must renew its subscription to stay active, EcoVadis will not renew the subscription at this time.
There will be no impact on scores of Russian companies unless any 360 news indicates a review is required.
5. Question: Will EcoVadis also stop ratings on companies in Belarus?
- Answer: No, EcoVadis will continue to rate companies in Belarus at this time.
6. Question: Will EcoVadis continue ratings for companies in Ukraine?
- Answer: Yes, EcoVadis will support companies in Ukraine by offering free subscriptions at this time, should any Ukrainian company want to be assessed, although this is not expected whatsoever given the circumstances.