If you have received a sustainability assessment request on behalf of a sector initiative, you are considered a trading partner for at least one member of this initiative. You may wonder why you have been asked to share your EcoVadis rating with your customer and multiple other members of a sector initiative. Enrolling in this process offers various benefits, such as:
- Achieve efficiency through sharing with many customers at once: instead of replying to several standards and questionnaires, you will cover multiple customer requests simultaneously. Doing so will save you time and resources by avoiding duplication of effort.
- Open up business opportunities as a respected supplier among industry leaders. Giving you greater visibility of your commitment to sustainability and efforts.
- Access to additional capacity building and engagement activities without costs (supplier webinar, training, consulting approach…).
- A clear understanding of industry leaders' commitment to go beyond compliance and drive sustainability efforts in partnership with trading partners like yourself (harmonized customers’ metrics and objectives expectations).
- Strengthen long-term customer relationships: receive valuable information about your positioning in all aspects of sustainability.
- Identify sustainability improvement opportunities: if one initiative member requests an improvement plan, all other members will recognize the outcomes.
- Access tools and best practices to address industry-specific requirements.
To learn more about the sector initiatives available at EcoVadis, please see here: What is a sector initiative?